Skip to main content

Sci Fi Installation

WIP 28mm terrain project






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1/72 Numidians

I've been nursing a bum foot since Sunday and worked on these during the afternoons. While casually surfing for horse references, I discovered a new, exciting and tremendously complex thing -- Equine Color!  Ever since I was given a book written by Sheperd Paine with a chapter on horses, I was intrigued. Only when I attempted to do research on the Numidian horsemen & their mounts did I realize how complex horse color is. Presented here are a few work-in-progress pictures. I still have a lot of touchups to do as well as texturing the bases and flocking until I can call this done. But for idly playing with them while making moronic hoofbeat sounds, they pretty much suffice. I'm pretty happy about the way the greys and the bays turned out but I'm still at a loss how to do really red chestnuts. Among the pictures, you'll find a sample of a really badly-done attempt at a chestnut with a really red coat & mane.  I may post an article here soon about the information I

WIP 1:72 Uruk-hai Pikemen

Painting up the Fighting Uruk-hai armed with pikes and fighting in phalanx formation. 1:72 Dark Alliance half-orcs.

Major General Tremorden Rederring's Colonial-era Wargames Page

A bit of nostalgia here. I'm gearing up for a weekend of working on my wargame table and was surfing for inspiration. Happily, I rediscovered Major General Tremorden Rederring's Colonial-era Wargames at the Wayback Machine. This wargaming group's been a source of inspiration ever since I discovered the wonderful world of miniature wargaming. Just look at that picture above and tell me you're not impressed. WOW! was all I could think off when I saw it. The page has since given its last huzzah and I don't know what's become of the group, but I'm sure I'll be rereading the material they still have archived. A veritable treasure chest of miniature gaming gems, the page embodied the FUN side of miniature gaming, neither taking itself too seriously nor scrimping on the joys of the hobby and its subsidiary hobbies/crafts. It's a pity if such a wonderful resource and such a huge contribution to the hobby is lost. I discovered the page waaaay back