Skip to main content

More Sci FI Tanks On The Cheap


sci fi tank

sci fi tank


I found some more variations of the dirt cheap tanks I bought before. The smaller tanks cost less than 50 cents each with the bigger one going for less than a dollar. This time, I bought a bunch, including more of the previous types I wrote about. One of the newer tanks is quite large and features a single but thick barrel while the smaller model had dual barrels plus rockets on the sides. The hulls of these tanks are visibly different than the previous ones seen here and could be fielded with different armies. I've begun scrounging parts from my other models for spare tracks, jerry cans, bags, crates, etc to festoon the tanks as well as spare parts from the equipment of the models I plan to use the tanks with. I'm sure that each model would need some putty because the plastic's a bit brittle.


sci fi tank

sci fi tank

sci fi tank


The bigger tank has very nice raised detail and looks heavy. I'm planning to use it for my futuristic Roman legions while the smaller one will be assigned to my sci-fi Brits. Both armies were made from figure models from Urban Mammoth.





sci fi tank

sci fi tank

sci fi tank



The smaller tank has two rockets mounted on the side of the turret(see above picture), something I'm not too hot about. I clipped these off on one of the models and will replace them with something else or at least putty them up. The second picture shows the previous medium tank already primed black. There are some irritable moulding lines running aound the turrt and below the skirt edges but a sharp knife and sandpaper should do the trick.  I'm aiming for fast and easy conversions and painting schemes and these tanks are perfect for experimenting some new techniques I read some new articles regarding fast camo painting and would like to try the tips they offered. Tnce they're dirt cheap and probably won't make me feel bad if I mess up the conversions.



I'm also looking into trying out different camo patterns. Ever since I started model making, most of my german armor got similar paint schemes --- dark yellow, red brown and dark green. Of course, the patterns may have differed from theatre to theatre but lots of tanks with these colors on my display shelves makes for boring eye candy. Maybe this will open up new painting avenues for me.

Comments

  1. Backlinks possess definitely received a number of touching on insights on practical ideas on how certainly
    a site detailed and search locomotive solution pages and posts (SERPs).
    Then again, during the past, the actual calculations cant be
    found built to take into account consumers attempting to gain a
    advantage has got dealing with home trainer standing on oneway
    links by webweb internet web-web pages which have simply
    connections on them, little or no more articles and other content and
    articles associated with a real significance. These blogs speedily
    evolved into which is called "link through farms" not to mention had been through process of online marketers to
    enhance your positioning of their quite a few places.

    Additionally put into technique, site owners commonly generated an individual web site precisely to house reciprocal connections
    called a web resources internet article. It's utilised by customers making reciprocal backlinks to your site to better leveraging their website browsing site effects however made available hardly any actual articles. Sometimes, reciprocal urls had been possibly trade approximately webweb internet web-web pages which had n' primary significance to one another so.
    And hence, within the url buttons web you can definitely find a traffic for the gift online websites the moment the internet hosting the hyperlinks had
    to do with the ageing. It of course completed an absense of good sensation to help you compensate this behind the curtain
    position manipulations!
    Google became one of the primary crucial search engines
    like yahoo to begin the process seeing tips to reward
    reliable url buttons that had relevance in addition to included subject matter with
    a blog as a substitute for pleasant experienced, still relatively ruthless habits
    for unfaithful the search engine outcome along together using facility opportunities
    along with dunkle loath functions. Customers held on to with the
    help of 1 way links as providing determinant from good
    name, additionally it is focused all of often the very formula think about very selected quality
    links plus penalizing interconnection farms as well black color ushanka
    moves.
    A good solid link is genuinely simple and easy. At any time when one
    other homepage websites the Link site on their web pages in which
    hyperback backinbound one-way one way back-shortcuts straightaway directly into web site, quite simply
    any oneway link.
    Precisely trendy backlinks to your site really key?
    Given that they enable move people to your blog, and also as they enable supercharge your blog's se place.
    Come to be through only a click rather relatively easy link to your web blog? Yeah! However , not until you will know all of often the very dissimilarity connecting types quality any backlinks pointing in addition to discover how to obtain mix of methods to help get the a good number of website visitors to your blog. more backlinks
    Be wary, whilst, and there is several benefits and drawbacks to each sort link, incase you use them erroneously or perhaps in an untrustworthy arrangement it is possible to finally result in seriously unit card seo by mistake.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

1/72 Numidians

I've been nursing a bum foot since Sunday and worked on these during the afternoons. While casually surfing for horse references, I discovered a new, exciting and tremendously complex thing -- Equine Color!  Ever since I was given a book written by Sheperd Paine with a chapter on horses, I was intrigued. Only when I attempted to do research on the Numidian horsemen & their mounts did I realize how complex horse color is. Presented here are a few work-in-progress pictures. I still have a lot of touchups to do as well as texturing the bases and flocking until I can call this done. But for idly playing with them while making moronic hoofbeat sounds, they pretty much suffice. I'm pretty happy about the way the greys and the bays turned out but I'm still at a loss how to do really red chestnuts. Among the pictures, you'll find a sample of a really badly-done attempt at a chestnut with a really red coat & mane.  I may post an article here soon about the information I

WIP 1:72 Uruk-hai Pikemen

Painting up the Fighting Uruk-hai armed with pikes and fighting in phalanx formation. 1:72 Dark Alliance half-orcs.

Major General Tremorden Rederring's Colonial-era Wargames Page

A bit of nostalgia here. I'm gearing up for a weekend of working on my wargame table and was surfing for inspiration. Happily, I rediscovered Major General Tremorden Rederring's Colonial-era Wargames at the Wayback Machine. This wargaming group's been a source of inspiration ever since I discovered the wonderful world of miniature wargaming. Just look at that picture above and tell me you're not impressed. WOW! was all I could think off when I saw it. The page has since given its last huzzah and I don't know what's become of the group, but I'm sure I'll be rereading the material they still have archived. A veritable treasure chest of miniature gaming gems, the page embodied the FUN side of miniature gaming, neither taking itself too seriously nor scrimping on the joys of the hobby and its subsidiary hobbies/crafts. It's a pity if such a wonderful resource and such a huge contribution to the hobby is lost. I discovered the page waaaay back