I discovered J.R.R. Tolkien and The Lord of the Rings in the early 80's as a student at an exclusive Catholic school run by Jesuits. It was prompted by a stage play that adapted "The Hobbit" as well as the trilogy into a musical. Here, Frodo, Sam, Pippin and Merry join Gandalf, Aragorn, Boromir, Thorin and company plus a solo Legolas as they seek the treasure of Smaug for different reasons. As the quest progresses they are hunted by 9 Ring Wraiths, a lost Frodo wins a riddle game against Gollum as well as a magical ring, and get rescued by Gwaihir. A shaky start I know, but it did lead to my parents giving me the books as a christmas present. I hungrily dove into it. Suffice it to say, I discovered high fantasy and a world that continues to enthrall me all these years. Which brings me to my latest project in miniature -- the armies of Middle-Earth in 1/72 scale. I was prompted to explore the idea when Caesar Miniatures released a fantasy line in 1/72. Previously, I had b...
Nice work, they really look the part.
ReplyDeleteTop drawer. Really impressive. Might I suggest adding the number of models the unit can suppress before they have to start taking casualties?
ReplyDeleteAnd how about making some more...?
Hey nice data cards anyway of getting the electrons so I can make data cards for my Star Wars figures? Thanks John
ReplyDeleteLooks really good. What did you use to create the cards? Just photoshop, or some other card specific application?
ReplyDelete